IJF started its first jewellery fair in 1995 the city of Surabaya – East Java with only few national jewellery retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers as exhibitors. IJF began its first international jewellery fair in 1997 with international exhibitors from Malaysia, Singapore, and HongKong alongside with national exhibitors. IJF is the only international jewellery trade fair that is supported Indonesia Goldsmiths & Jewelers Association (APEPI).
Nowadays, IJF is premier and international jewellery trade fair in Indonesia that hosts its annual prominent event in 2 (two) cities, Jakarta and Surabaya, in which consumers purchasing power is well above national average purchasing power. The fairs provide a venue where national & international consumers, retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers congregate together to source, buy, sell, and trade jewellery and their accessories.
The fairs have become designated haven for consumers because exhibitors showcase a fast variety of the latest design of the merchandises that will set trend for consumers and jewellery industry.
VISION & MISSION
- As a venue for jewellery entrepreaneurs from Asia region to congergrate to order enhance economic and trade cooperation especially within cretative jewellery industry
- As a means information and knowledge exchange among entrepreaneurs in creative jewellery industry within Asia region
- As a conduit for jewellery retailers, distribuors, and wholesalers to meet together in one place.
- As a medium to introduce latest design, trend and technology of jewellery and its accessories by business owners.
- As a tool for promoting to devloping brand awareness.
- As a benchmark for the development of jewellery industry and its related industry in Indonesia
- As a means for small and medium enterprises (SME) to showcase their products